Lorelee’s professional career spans some thirty five years as a facilities executive in both the healthcare and higher education industries. Her work in planning, design, building and operating large healthcare, research and educational facilities was honored by the MN American Institute of Architects in 2015 for “exceptional contributions that improve the quality of our physical environment”. Throughout her career, she was committed to ensuring organizational mission excellence and cutting edge advancements through facility operations, service and design performance.
During most of her professional career, photography was a hobby for Lorelee. Trips, vacations, family events….what better times to use that camera and explore new ways of seeing the world?
In 2005, Lorelee attended her first fine art print workshop during which she was able to see some of her photographs in large format print. This was a turning point. Her hobby became a passion which she diligently pursued through the next eleven years of her full time career, ever eager to learn new techniques in photo taking and image making.
Now, retired from a full time career at the University of Minnesota in 2016, Lorelee is able to devote her time to new discoveries and efforts as an artist and fine art photographer.
The same curiosity for planning, building and operating the mission centric, beautiful and well managed built environment now informs her work as a photographer.
In this regard, she expects herself to : Pay attention. Show up. Be curious. Accept imperfection. Acknowledge the interconnection of all relationships. Understand that the big picture is interwoven with fine details. Be grateful.
- 2016 - University of Minnesota Health opened a new $240 million state-of-the-art clinic and surgery center. Twenty seven of my images were selected for large prints that are now displayed throughout this beautiful new facility.
- 2007 and 2015 - Private collection additions at Unity Church Unitarian in St. Paul, MN
- An estimated 30 prints have been purchased by private collectors.
One Woman Exhibitions
- 2010 ~ Images in Kairos, Unity Church-Unitarian, St. Paul, MN
- 2009 ~ Boynton Health Service, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 2007 ~ Images of Grace & Gratitude, Unity Church Unitarian, St. Paul, MN
- 2012 ~ Art Fete - Burnsville Visual Arts Society, Burnsville, MN
- 2012 ~ Lone Tree Arts Center in Lone Tree, CO
- 2012 ~ Juried Exhibition Women’s Art Resources of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 2012 ~ Flow Art-A-Whirl Flow Art Space, Minneapolis, MN
- 2011 ~ Robbin Gallery, Robbinsdale, MN
- 2011 ~ Flow Art Space, “The Original Art Show”, Minneapolis, MN
- 2011 ~ Edina Art Center, 27th Annual Member’s Juried Exhibition, Edina, MN
- 2011 ~ Journeys: Healing Through Art, Edina Art Center, Edina, MN
- 2010 - 2012 ~ LOLA, League of Longfellow Artists Art Crawl, Minneapolis, MN
- 2010 ~ Minneapolis Institute of Art, Foot in the Door 4 Exhibit, Minneapolis, MN
- 2011 Award of Excellence, Robbin Gallery“White Iron Lake”
- 2011 Best in Show, Edina Art Center “Tsunami Wake”